Monday, May 9, 2011

Race 2011

The Ray of Life Race was amazing this year and the weather was spectacular. What I wanted to say at the race but couldn't was that I have been fighting this for 4 years. At the time of my first diagnosis they said there was a 100% chance that I would die. My doc told me to prepare to die so that I could live. He had faith in me, God and his abilities so I had no doubt I would live. I did everything he told me to do and it came back with a vengeance. He wished me luck and passed me on to the next doc who has put me thru chemo after chemo to see what will keep me alive for 6 more month max without killing me first from the treatment. I have been told many times that I should me dead from all the chemotherapy I have taken and they can't believe how great I look. That in where all of you come in. Chemo may keep me alive but your donations that allow me to do all the alternatives give me the ability to live and I thank each and every one of you from the bottom of my toxic filled heart. I have put my life in your hands three years in a row and you have exceeded my expectations every single year. Through tears of joy, my life belongs to you. Can't wait To see you all next year.

2 comments:

Jan Stephens said...

You are an inspiration, though I know you'd gladly pass that up for living a "normal" life. You were clearly called to live a different life and to touch others in a different way. I want you to know that you've done that in so many ways. Thanks for all you're teaching us about cancer, its treatment, alternative options, mothering and living life to its fullest.

Jan Stephens said...

You are an inspiration, though I know you'd gladly pass that up just to live a "normal life." You were clearly put here to live a different kind of life and to touch people in a different way. Thank you for all you're teaching those around you about cancer, living with it, treating it, alternative medicines, mothering and just living life to its fullest. I am so glad I know you.