Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Admitted

I went to Cali this weekend to see my parents and attend the fundraiser my friends were putting on for me (really fun BTW). It took a lot out of me. Went to progressive and had a difficult time getting home. Thought I would be okay if I just slept. I was wrong. I just kept getting worse. It was the same feeling I had when I got transfusions last summer. Not something you want to have done due to all the possible complications/side effects but I was getting desperate. I got everything worked out with Gavin, oncologist, ER, Travis and a ride. I had some breathing issues so they fast tracked me and I got in a room really quickly. They started giving me Delotid. 1 dose did nothing so that was scary. I have been on 2 doses every 2 hours and now I feel hungover. Need to ween myself but got a break from the other pain mess Ive been on for months. I had an X-ray, CT, EEG, lots of blood work and great nurses. It was so nice having Travis here to navigate for me. Love you Sparky. Waiting to rule out pneumonia, blood clot and a few other things, but the cancer in my lungs is not looking good. Will keep you posted.

No comments: