Monday, June 14, 2010

What a day

Okay, first the race was amazing, hot but amazing. About 250 ran and I cheered them all on. It was tiring but so fun.

That eveving we had my mom and travis' mom check everyone in and had amazing auction Items and a great raffle. The drinks were flowing and people from all aspects of our lives were there. It was like a wedding/reunion.

The next day everyone including Gavin slept in until 9:00.

We would like to thank everyone who volunteered, donated items, time, money and those who showed up. We felt so much love and raised $38,000 and counting. Were already getting excited about next year and how we can make it better. If you have any suggestions or want to donate or volunteer just shoot us an email.

Funny story...Malcolm (volunteer) asked if I saw the pregnant girl who was smoking...my mouth dropped opened and I was shocked. What he meant was pregnant and running really fast. Not smoking tabacco.

1 comment:

Robert said...

I had a great time, Laura. Glad I was able to be there to help out. And, you're right about the heat... kinda like we were in a sauna (especially when the A/C went out!)

I think you guys did a fantastic job and the amount you raised is darned impressive!

Love you.