Monday, March 22, 2010

More bad news

My scan came back and it is not as good as we had hoped. My tumor is larger and the lymphs around my lower aorta have formed a mass. I see the doctor on Thursday and we will know more, but I'm thinking that it may be causing my stomach to hurt every time i eat. It is like i am preggers. I can only eat small amounts and have to be very careful what i eat. Like my diet wasn't already restricted. I went from gaining 15 pounds in 8 weeks from the steroid to losing 10 pounds in 2 weeks from this new issue. It is a giant roller coaster

Travis and I are watching FOOD Inc. and did you know that 80% off our meat is sprayed with ammonia to kill the e-coli and Chickens are bathed in chlorine, I am so disgusted. I usually buy free-range organic but I am only going to buy it now. Not to mention I am not eating meat out anymore except Fogo's!!!

Will update on Thursday to let you know what we find out.

2 comments:

patti said...

Hello Laura,

I was directed to your site because my daughter is in the video you have linked to from the New York Times readers. The piece, "The Silent Killer" was done at my request here in Seattle. (I am the one walking the streets asking women if they have ever heard of IBC).
Thank you for keeping it moving, as education is so very important.
I don't know if you are aware of our foundation, but thought I would post it for you. Also, do you know that there are now 3 inflammatory Breast cancer (IBC) clinics in the U.S.? Texas, PA and Boston.
There is so much good science now, that there was not when my daughter was fighting.
If I can be there for you in any way, please get in touch.
Cyber hugs

PS....We have a radio show the 4th Wed of every month (tomorrow night). Check our website for information if you like.

Patti Bradfield, President
The Inflammatory Breast Cancer Foundation
www.eraseibc.com
www.komotv.com/ibc

Shannon said...

Hi Laura,

I read your latest post and your symptoms are similar to my husbands. Before he had his TACE procedures he had trouble eating very much and a lot of pain or discomfort. Keep looking into options to either shrink or remove some of these tumors. He is a lot more comfortable lately since some of the tumors have shrunk. I think of you and Travis often and wish non of us had to go through this. I know you have been dealing with this a lot longer than Shonn and I, and I admire your ability to keep your head up and continue to get answers and do research. Try to eat lots little meals to keep your energy up! I am sending love and hugs to you and your family.

Shannon Ferringer