Monday, January 25, 2010

IPT

Today was my first IPT treatment. I got 11 shots (one Travis got to give me in the rump and i think he enjoyed it a little to much). I get 10 of these everyday for two weeks and the one Travis gives me once a day for a year. They are $40 per shot plus the $4000 we pay for other costs per month, so do the math and we are really shelling out the cash again. The new drugs seemed to go okay today. The side effects are nausea, hair loss, fatigue, about the same as the previous 11 i have been on so not much new. I do have to be on a steroid again which just really pisses me off, but here's to angry Laura.

Several people have been asking about donations and Travis put a link on this website if you feel so inclined and we so appreciate every single penny you give. We spent about $70,000 last year and are expecting our costs to rise this year.

My friends in Sacto are having a fundraiser for me. Here is the website if you're interested in going. It should be lots of fun. Wonderbread 5 is playing at the Power House Pub from 5 until 9:30. To purchase tickets you can log onto www.powerhousepub.com/ click on tickets. My event is the Private Party until 9:30. If you have any questions you can call Jen Ham (707) 235-2277 or Tab (916) 548-3131. Thanks for everyone for doing, going, donating, supporting, praying, etc. We are so grateful to all of you.

BTW my boy lost last night and i am so sad for him. I cant believe the last pro pass he will ever throw was intercepted. I couldn't even sleep last night thinking about his departure. I wish him all the best and will miss his enthusiasm, endurance, and his pretty face. I love you Brett

Laura & Travis

2 comments:

Temple said...

It seems so weird to be getting ready to go out and do all this dancing for you but not with you. I know you will be there in spirit. I anticipate a crazy night ahead. Much love to you guys. xoxo

Tifster said...

Hi Laura,
Sorry to have missed you at the DC reunion! I already have plans for tomorrow, Cindy was good to email me about everything.
I donated what I could. Husband & I are unemployed, but it beats nothing to what you must be going through.
Tiffany