Friday, January 8, 2010

As Arnold would say, "The Tumor"

Unfortunately, the Tumor is getting bigger. It is almost back to its original size from a year ago. The good news it that it hasn't spread any where else yet. We meet with the oncologist Monday about our options and Tuesday with a doctor who performs IPT treatments. Although they have been doing IPT for over 25 years, it is still not FDA approved and therefore not covered under insurance. Luckily my Cali friends are having a fundraiser for me this month to help cover the $6000 a month we will be dishing out. Wish us luck and thanks for all your support, prayers, and donations. Will post the info about the fundraiser tomorrow.

BTW, we got some snow last night and had a great day off from school. Gavin had on Sammy's old snowboarding suit and was cracking us up. He would fall and slide, but then pop back up since he is only 2.5 feet off the ground. It was great.

4 comments:

Kim Vazquez said...

Hi Laura, my name is Kim and I don't actually know you personally, but I found a mutual link on a friends page. I just want to send you my love and healing energy. After reading your blog, I can see you are an amazing woman and I wish you the best. I don't know if you believe in healing meditations, but there is a very nice one I found when I once needed big healing. It's called Chakra clearing by Doreen Virtue. It's very soothing and I listen to it as I go to sleep. It has a positive message. Peace & Love to you. Kim

LuluRoo said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
LuluRoo said...

Hi Laura, This is Jenny Tampas aka Jennifer McLane. Sondra (Shrader) Myles sent me your link...I was wondering how I might give to the fundraiser this month...is someone in Cali collecting funds for you? Can't go to the Wonderbread show but want to send my support. I am wishing you all the best and will sending all my best thoughts your way as you go through your next round of therapy. Best wishes and love to you!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.