Friday, May 15, 2009

Dear God

I made the mistake of watching the Farrah Story tonight and had to get on my knees and ask God to save my life. Travis is out of town so I am laying next to Gavin watching my beautiful little boy sleep wondering what will happen to him when i am gone. Although i have no intention on giving up, i do have to face reality and my heart just aches for my precious children. All i ever wanted to do was be a great mom and now i might have to do it from the sidelines. How will Gavin ever know how much i love him. Will Sammy ever know that she is the sunshine in my life? Will they think i abandoned them? Will they ever forgive me?

Tonight my back hurts so much that my meds aren't working and i cant sleep. Thank goodness for Bianca, our incredible sitter, who is staying the weekend with me. Sammy had field day this morning, we had lunch with several families from school, had a play date, swim team, planted Sammy's garden, and had a sleep over. It was a great day and now i am paying for it.

Since yaya (Gavin language for Bianca) was here, i was able to do a lot of research and hopefully we can go to Boston and Dallas maybe next week. Although we had decided to go ahead with the trial at Emory, i don't want to put all my eggs in one basket. My cancer is way to smart to just trust one doctor these days.

My husband is on his annual golf trip with all his pals and I am wishing him a stress free weekend and lots of fun. He greatly deserves it.

Thanks for listening,
Laura

5 comments:

HAM said...

Hey Girlfriend~

I just got done watching Marley & Me and am bawling my eyes out and just checked here and am crying even harder. I just wish I could be there to help you.

Sounds like Bianca is wonderful, but what an amazing Mother you are to do what you did today and go through the pain you are going through now. That is what everyone will remember and you will do everything you can to never let your kids forget.

Hope you feel some relief tonight or tomorrow Laura~

Love Ya Ham

KristineRN said...

OK....mascara running down my face....tissue please...

You are an incredible mother and your children know it as well as every friend and relative you have!! Sounds like you had a great day with Sammy & Gavin. :)

Take those pain pills and I hope you get some better sleep tonight.

I missed the Farrah story last night but will look for it online right now after what you said.

miss ya, kk

KristineRN said...

Wow, just watched the Farrah story on line...
Forget the box of tissues....get a whole roll of toilet paper.

Laura, that must have been hard to watch but yet empowering. maybe???
Can't imagine.

How is Riley doing. Any funny dog stories yet?

Tabetha said...

Laura,

Yes, pass the tissues. You are so strong.....you ARE a wonderful mom and your kids know just how wonderful you are!

I hope those meds kick in - can't they give you anything stronger?

Quite a busy day you guys had - sounds like a lot of fun.

Take care of yourself....

Tab

Lowa said...

I just want to give you a big hug.