Monday, April 27, 2009

Wow, what a weekend

Let me start by thanking ALL the Crofts and Davis Family for hosting this AWESOME event. It was WAY better than Travis and i could have ever dreamed. We want to thank the 360 runners who came out and participated, the friends and family who were with us Saturday night and everyone else who couldn't make it for all their love, support, and kind words. We raised $7,000 at the race, $4,700 Saturday night, and the rest were from donations with a grand total of $40,000. Not to mention more keeps coming in. Can you even believe it? My husband doesn't show emotions that often, but I think this news brought the entire place to tears. I cant tell you how many people came up to us and said "you don't know me, but ..." I even had a woman who only heard about me thru the paper and wanted to offer her help with airline tickets to get us to Chicago. We are so blessed to have such incredible friends, loving families and a community who really cares. We have a thousand pictures that we will post on a website soon for all to see and there should be another article about Saturday in the Sandy Springs Reporter. I will post the website address when it comes out. Thank you all so so much and as Sammy said, "mommy i cant believe all these people are here for us, I feel like a princess"

One last thing, we got some bad news Friday that my meds are now not working. We are back for more tests (Brain scan, CT scan, ECO) and a trip to Chicago sooner than we had planned. My doctor here doesn't like what she is seeing because i am "blowing" thru all the meds to fast. They all seem to work in the beginning, but my cancer is out smarting the meds faster than she ever imagined. We saw another doctor this morning for a possible trial that might be a great fit for me. We will keep you all posted, if you could all just keep up the prayers.

Love you all,
Laura

5 comments:

Michelle said...

Laura - I'm sorry that we couldn't make it on Saturday but I'm so excited that it turned out so amazing! $40K is fantastic!!! You are in our prayers! Love, Michelle Schnakenberg

Robert said...

Laura...

I had such a wonderful time last weekend. Thank you so much!

I was completely overwhelmed by the number of people who turned out for the race and at the Mellow Mushroom on Saturday night, not to mention their generosity. There were definitely a lot of tears... tears of joy and hope.

You and Travis are truely blessed to have so many wonderful friends that care so much. There is an awful lot of positive energy being channeled your way. Good things have to happen!

Stay strong and keep on kicking butt! You are in our prayers. We love you!

Robert

Unknown said...

Hey Laura-- I'm sorry we weren't there this weekend. I heard it was FABULOUS and my goodness $40k!!!! WOW! That's truly amazing!!! Sammy's comments are so sweet....

You are in my daily prayers.. thinking about you lots and thinking very positive thoughts!! We love you, girl!

julie said...

hey... the comments were from me... though mark loves you too. :)

KristineRN said...

What a great weekend! 360 runners......you both are truly loved. Can't wait to see the pictures.

We are really looking forward to seeing you in Ft. Myers for some R & R this summer. Ryan can't wait to see Sam.


Miss you and thinking/ praying for you everyday.

kk