Wednesday, April 1, 2009

No new news

Sorry i haven't posted in sometime, but nothing is new health wise. My toes are better but still ugly as hockey sticks, i am acclimating to my meds, still have good and bad days, get tired of taking 40 pills a day, my skin is still falling off my feet, my fingers still split, still get nauseous and cant sleep that well, have very little energy, my hemoglobin is low, getting fatter by the second, meds still making me crave sugar, face breaks out for no reason, my nose has weird crusties (same as i had with last meds), have wonderful friends, and amazing husband, and the cutest kids ever. So life isn't so bad.

My friends Laura and Gavin were in town this weekend so the two Gavin's, the two Laura's, and Travis and Sammy all had fun playing. We ate our way thru Atlanta since it didn't stop raining, but had so much fun. I even had a Margarita or two. It was the first drink since November since i am not suppose to tax my liver. Thanks for coming guys. Hope to see you in October.

We are off to the mountains this weekend for sum much need rest and time with "vacation Trav"

Will try to post more often, sorry

7 comments:

Carolyn said...

Laura,

I'm glad to read your post! I check it often and love your updates! I'm looking forward to seeing you in Aprilat the run! Enjoy your weekend!

Lowa said...

My pants are too tight today, after eating our way through Atlanta. :)

julie said...

Just thinking of you and glad to see you had an update I was missing your sense of humor. :) a great time with Travis in the mountains!!

Fedex Guy said...

Hey neighbor,

I just got the email about the fun run on the 25th. I am hoping to be there. As long as things go as planned, i should be getting back from training with the Navy on the 24th. looking forward to seeing you soon.
keep your head up kiddo!!
lots of love from the fedex guy.

Fedex Guy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
KristineRN said...

Hi Laura,

Thanks for the updated post, good thing Travis likes hockey (with those toes of yours). Remember the emergent pedicure last summer in Fort Myers? lol

I saw the adorable video of Gavin on the bicycle and scooter, looks like he has no fear. Keep the helmet close by at all times!! :)

How were the mountains?

Miss you all x 4,
kk

Lowa said...

I can't wait to hear about the race on saturday!