Saturday, December 6, 2008

The voice of reason

Travis reminded me last night of all the other "not so good stuff" Dr. Gallashaw said so i thought i would pass it along...

I will have cancer for the rest of my life. Although we have several options to try, my body could reject all of them as it did before. There are two types of drugs i will be taking and the her2 drug is one of two they have available at this time. Unfortunately the first one didn't touch my cancer before. That is why it came back so quickly. Both can also cause damage to my heart, so i will have Eco's done every three months. I have an extremely aggressive form of cancer and it has now moved to stage IV. It could easily spread to my brain and other organs since it is in my lymphatic system and has spread to several locations already. Not to mention every time i have an MRI, PET scan or CT my body is exposed to all that other crap that causes cancer.

So although the news is way better then we all expected, this will still be an up hill battle. So don't stop praying please and I am going for a run.

Love you all,
Laura

5 comments:

Robert said...

Travis is right. And, what he reminded you about helps keep things in perspective, for sure. But, please remember how important it is to FOCUS ON THE POSITIVE!!

Believe it or not, it really works!

Robert

jo said...

First of all please tell Travis that when Shelby saw his picture at the speedway she said it looked like a monkey...then she got embarassed when I told her it was Travis. Yes it will be an uphill battle but as we said Prayers work and with you waging war against Mr.C, he does not have a chance. Love Ya, Aunt Jo

Julie(t) (Coberly) Farmer said...

it's definitely going to be a tough road, but you're a fighter. you're also my hero. :)

julie said...

See, you are kicking it's "ars" already!!! Keep the good spirits! I'll never stop praying for you!!! GOD IS GOOD!

Love to you all! xoxoxo Julie

Tabetha said...

Laura,

Yes - FOCUS ON THE POSITIVE. You have your work cut out for you and we will be thinking and praying and thinking and praying!!

Tab