Friday, December 5, 2008

Results

The good news is I am not dying tomorrow or any time soon. I will however have to be on chemo drugs until they come up with a vaccine or a cure; in other words what they call chronic cancer. I have a 3" tumor in my liver and several cancer clusters throughout my abdomen in my lymph nodes. They think the other drugs didn't work as they should and that is why it came back in 6 months or less. So i will be taking two new oral chemo drugs that have much better side effects than before. I wont lose my hair (Sammy is ecstatic), not much nausea, just a possible rash, and hand/foot dry skin. My Dr. promises that if the side effects get too bad, they can cut down the dosage. I take the oral meds for two weeks and then have a week off. Not too bad. She suggested i put off reconstruction until things change drastically and no kids, but i have my two little cuties and am perfectly happy that i will just be here long enough to see them walk down the aisle.

All your prayers worked, thanks y'all

Will let you know how i am feeling after i start taking the drugs next week.

Laura

8 comments:

Julie(t) (Coberly) Farmer said...

Laura: I am so happy to hear that!!!! Great news on the chemo, too. Plus, we can go get boob jobs when we're old ladies and be perky and the envy of all our friends. :)

Temple said...

Now that's what I'm talking about. You should see the trash cans in my neighborhood (hope nobody calls the cops on me) and don't even get me started about the dirt clods. Mere dust at this point. Glad I can simmer down now and just celebrate you, your hair - all the good stuff. I hope to see you sooner than later ;).

Love,
A very happy and non-violent Temple

Lowa said...

yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

KristineRN said...

Yahooo.....thanks for the good news to start the weekend!! Happy to hear you will keep your hair for Christmas(even though I had the cutest snowman scarf for you)!! Darn right you will be around to see Sam (and Ryan) walk down the aisle. Have fun at the game and Go Gators!! Love ya, Kristine

Robert said...

Laura....

I am so happy for you, I can't begin to put it into words.

Camryn called me about 6:30 this afternoon to ask if I'd seen your blog and I told her I hadn't checked it since 4:00. Karen and I were in Walgreens, of all places, so she read it to me. It was all I could do not to start running up and down the isles shouting with joy... I think giddy pretty much sums it up!

YES!!!!!!!!

We love you.

Robert

HAM said...

HALLALUUAH (SP?)

I am crying tears of joy for you Laura.

A lot of pain and crap to deal with but to see your kids walk down the isle, hopefully can make it worth it.....

LOVE YA AND LOVE GOD!

HAM

Unknown said...

Great news Laura! God will continue to hear a lot of prayers for you! Hang in there.

jo said...

Of course you will be around to see Sam and Gavin walk and wed...besides didn't you promise to help with my wheelchair and drooling when I finally get really old!!!I'm counting on you. Even though we have "knee rash" we will surely keep saying prayers for you.

Love, Aunt Jo