Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Way to long

I know, I know, I need to blog more. It is just way more fun when y'all comment.

The stuff no one wants to hear about...I am dealing with some adjustments since i am able to have "a mostly normal life" and somethings it is kind of hard to remember who i used to be and what i used to do. I didn't know this, but apparently lots of people after cancer get put on antidepressants. I didn't and didn't really have any problems until recently. I don't know if it is all the drugs getting out of my system, my hormones leveling off, or just trying to figure out what i am supposed to do know. I read this book called "Sick Girl" and it discusses how no one whats to hear about the real issues. They constantly tell you how good you look or how great your attitude is and so you have to live up to every ones expectations. It gets exhausting, especially when it is your own family (mom) who really cant take hearing how sick i really was. I think the spouse also gets forgotten and what he went through. Travis wants me to be my old self, but i still nap everyday and don't have the strength that i used to. We are all going through some adjustments and it gets hard sometimes.

The stuff everyone wants to hear... Since May, I have been training for a marathon and that is going great, I turned 38 and that is going great, I went to Sacto and got to see my parents, Ham, Tab, Missy, and Dave, that was great, and the kids are back in school and that is fabulous. I am so glad that i don't have to make weekly doctor appointments anymore and that I was able to attend a Polo match benefiting a children's charity at my plastic surgeons ranch that is extravagant. He takes his own personal helicopter to get to work every morning. I definitely picked the wrong profession. Any who, i will blog more often if y'all respond.

Sincerely,
Boobless in Atlanta

3 comments:

Meredith Croft said...

Laura... it is so good to get an update from you. I check your blog frequently.

You are such an inspiration to everyone who knows you. You are going to have good days and bad days, as is expected. But girl you are kicking butt!!

Keep the updates coming... and know we are all thinking of you.

Julie(t) (Coberly) Farmer said...

Laura: FYI--I'm still on antidepressants and I'm going on seven years out. It's easy for some people to forget or move on, because they don't see the scars we see when we look in the mirror. Even my wonderful husband seems to forget sometimes, but I often "remind" him by walking around shirtless (I did not have reconstruction, so all I have is a chest wall covered in scars). As for everyone else, well, that's what the anti depressants help with. :)

Missy said...

Laura,

I just found your blog and have been reading it for the past hour or so. Gotta love surfin' the net during work hours.

I knew you were going thru breast cancer, but now I have a little better understanding what it does to a person. I commend you for putting yourself and your feelings out there for everyone to read - good or bad. I feel honored to know you!!! Keep on fighting =).

It was great to see you and Travis last month. Looking forward to seeing you next year. Remember to bring your sleeping bags...camping in our backyard =).

Take care!

Missy