Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Shot notice

Although the shot only stung a little, the worst is yet to come. Kevin, my cute male nurse, informed me that i will feel pain in my thigh, lower back, and chest within 24 hours. Some people think they are having a heart attach. He told me Extra Strength Tylenol seems to work the best so i bought a very large bottle. I have to get one every two weeks since my body wont have time to recover in between chemo sessions.

I am still feeling nauseous from the chemo and Kevin also told me it could make me constipated. So now i take 5 pills for nauseous, 4 for chest pain, 2 for constipation, and a partridge in a pair tree.

Thank goodness for all the help and meals we have been receiving. Thanks everyone and thanks for all the great emails. I love the ones that make me laugh.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Laura, Robert and I are so proud of you and so amazed by your attitude. I think if everyone had your attitude and if attitude alone could conquor it, cancer would be a thing of the past. I hate hearing that the side effects of the shot are so treacherous. It's like adding insult to injury. We're thinking about all of you, and we're so glad you set up this blog so we can keep up with your progress without having to bother you with phone calls. What a great idea! Love, Karen & Robert

FMSA Middle School said...

Laura:
Traci, Rachel, Adam and I are praying for you. My goodness, no alcohol or coffee? Forget the other stuff, this is major. Please forgive my levity, but I want something you can look back on years from now and laugh about. I will post my famous top ten "things to do why recovering from cancer" list later. It always brings down the house. Why didn't the oncologist call the patient? He couldn't find the cell. Get it...cell. Your blog is now on my favorites list. I will check it every morning. You better keep it up. No excuses!
Sam

FMSA Middle School said...

Sam again, sorry! Hey, was that the expensive shot? Did you get anything with that thang? Maybe a goody bag or some deodorant? What about one of those gift-with-purchase sacks the cosmetics counters give you that end up carrying the pencils and papers for the kids while in a restauarant or in church? All you get are side effects. I'm sorry....
Sam

Unknown said...

Your positive attitude and the log as an outlet will take you far! Hang in there. Who would have expected this when we were pigging out on all that great food you prepared for Christmas? It is a long road but it will be behind you before you know it.
My prayers are with you and your family.
Choose hope!
Susan King