Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Emory...what a day

Went in for my 2nd Paracentesis and wow what a different experience. I should really listen to my instincts. First the nurse stuck me where I told her not to so I have 3 sticks and one infiltrated. Then the OR nurses seemed like they just graduated from kindergarden and I had to pull my own IV out. All three people were trying to do something on me at the same time and I had to raise my voice to get anyone to listen. They could not find a large pocket of fluid but we all agreed that getting out even a litter would give me that much more relief. So they stick the lidocaine in and I should have known there was a problem cause I didn't hurt like before. He starts the proceedure and I was yelling it hurt so bad and had my knees up to my chest. I kept asking why it hurts so much more than last time. After three tries he said when their is not a lot of fluid it hurts more. I felt like I was having lipo or an abortion done. Not that i have had eother, but the cramping was unbelievable. I finally just screamed at the doctor that this is not life threatening and i need him to stop now. He thought I was crazy. Then I asked if they got any fluid and the nurse told me not to worry my pretty little head about how much. On my way home to rest and praying this cramping will go away sooner rather than later so I can make it to Sammys last swim meet. On to a better day tomorrow.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Laura, I am so sorry for the incompetence at Emory today. It makes me mad! Your kindergarten comment is priceless. Just wish those $*@!&% nurses could see it. I'd like to tell them where to stick their needles. I hope you are feeling better than a few hours ago and made it to the swim meet. Sarah