Wednesday, April 21, 2010

GMO's

Dear Friend,

As you know, America's food system is broken as a result of giant corporations continuing to fight against common sense regulations that would protect America's from unsafe food and our right to know where our food comes from.

I just signed a letter to FDA Deputy Commissioner of Food Michael Taylor and USDA Deputy Secretary Kathleen Merrigan asking that they not stifle international and U.S. regulations regarding the labeling of GMO food. It's important that American's know how their food is grown. We have a right to know what's in our food and the U.S. government should not be working to stifle these basic rights.

Please take a moment to join me at Food Democracy Now! by signing their petition.

http://action.fooddemocracynow.org/cms/sign/stop_the_sneak_attack/

Thank you!

2 comments:

s said...

E-COLI &/or SALMONELLA FROM BIOPESTICIDES?

Why is the government ignoring this?

THE EPA-OFFICE OF PESTICIDE PROGRAMS
BIOPESTICIDES AND POLLUTION PREVENTION DIVISION
WASHINGTON, D.C.
EPA Form 8570-6
states:

QUOTE:
"After fermentation and prior to further processing, each batch must be tested for the following microbial contaminants and have levels below those listed":

•"E. coli Coliform Bacteria"
•"Salmonella"
•"Shigella"
•"Staphlococci"
•"Vibrio"
•"Yeast"
•"Mold"
_____

VIDEO: Congressmen/women are being bought off by biotech companies investors!:

http://biopesticide.ucr.edu/video/video.html

5.1 - Impact of regulatory activity on emerging companies - Pam Marrone, Marrone Organic Innovations (wmv, 29 Mb)

[QUOTE OF PAM MARRONE on VIDEO]:
"Ok, Serenade took 20 months for registration, actually that seems fast to me now, but at the time...where was I? I started up the company in ‘95, I raised my first round of venture capital in ‘97, submitted the package for Serenade in ‘98. 2000 it still wasn’t approved and investor’s were on my tail. I raised 20 million at that point. Investor’s were hounding me, they thought I was incompetent and.. and what’s going on? And so, finally what they did was they actually called their congress people on their own to rattle around and put pressure on the agency to approve Serenade. That does not endear you to the agency, in fact, it is counter productive to .. to do that actually, but in this case I couldn’t hold back my investors they were...that was.. they were the money people and that's just the way it was."

Lynn Corley said...

Laura -- not sure if you remeber me but we all went to Laura's bachelorette party together --with our drive Elizabeth -- amazing to believe that was a year ago. I keep up with you and you are constantly in my thoughts and prayers -- and will always be there --