Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Wonderful sitter found

Thank you all so much for your help. I received 29 emails regarding sitters. I will keep all this info just in case Caren finds a job before the kids go to school. So please know i got all your responses and will try to get back to each one of you. I am overwhelmed how many people are out of work and even more touch that so many people are willing to help us.

I have found smoothies to be a great source of nutrition since my mouth is raw. I am trying to duplicate them at home on a healthy level, but i just cant get the consistency right. Try try again.

Lots of thanks
Laura

4 comments:

Jen O'Daniel said...

I have heard if you put ice in a freezer bag and beat it with a kitchen hammer before adding it to the blender, it is much smoother for the smoothie.

KristineRN said...

Great news about the sitter!!

Have you tried reducing or increasing the banana size (1/2 vs. whole) for less or more consistancy?

Miss you......kk

Lowa said...

and if beating the ice with a kitchen hammer doesn't work, take that kitchen hammer and beat something else. that would probably feel good regardless of the consistency of your smoothy! :)

Unknown said...

my sister had really really bad mouth sores - there's a rinse the dr can give you! The main thing that helped "up" her levels drastically was a juicer - eaiser to digest than the smoothies and the nutrients she consumed were a lot more powerful...dr hadn't seen anything like it! Not saying carrot juice tastes better - just upped everything (6 carrots 1 apple) let me know if you're interested and I'll get receipes - keep fighting!