Sunday, July 26, 2009

In Need of a Sitter

I'm sorry if you have already given me this info, but i am in desperate need of a sitter until school starts in September. I need a person who can drive, who can come to my house, and can sit on Mondays all day and Tuesdays and Thursdays from 8:30 until 3 ish. If you know of anyone please let me know. I have this Monday covered this week but then i am SOL.

We had a great time at the beach. It was nice to have a week off from hospitals, doctors, and i did cheat some on food. I am paying for it now, but it was great last week. Travis and our sitter "YaYa" were so great. I spent many days just lounging in a chair, reading, and relaxing. My hair is cumming out in massive clumps, but not willing to shave it just yet. Gavin gave me his cold and cough and i have really bad mouth sores from my meds. Not sure how to brush my teeth with out lots of pain, but Travis said my breath might kill someone so i need to figure something out. Not feeling so great today, but need to get to Whole Foods to make my chicken broth so i don't become frail, sickly looking and bald.

We are off to Emory for treatment tomorrow. Hopefully i can get the mouth sores under control.

Hugs and Kisses
Laura

4 comments:

Carolyn said...

Laura,

I'm glad to hear you had fun at the beach! How was your birthday! I posted your need of a babysitter on my mother's board/forum so hopefully I can find someone who can help you out! Hang in there-you're doing awesome!!!!

Carolyn

Jen O'Daniel said...

Hi Laura,
I used to live in Whispering Pines and met you a couple of times. My previous neighbors had two high school girls that were great babysitters. Maybe they could help you out... email me (if you still need) and I'll pass along their number. They live on Wright Circle in the tan brick house on the curve.

Julie(t) (Coberly) Farmer said...

when i had chemo, my doc gave me a script for some sort of mouth rinse that helped my sores. also, there are gentle mouthwashes sold at drug stores, and if you tell the pharmacist what's up, they can give you good recommendations on what dental type products will help.

Unknown said...

Hi Laura, you're always in my thoughts. I will never stop praying for you. Linda Wilson