Thursday, May 21, 2009

Thursday

First I want to thank all the F-Cup boys for letting my husband have a "Cancer Free" weekend. It was so great he could get away and have some fun. We both wanted to thank you for your other gift. Very unexpected, but much appreciated. We have already racked up a hefty bill this month with ER visits, new co-pays and drug costs. It is amazing how much this stuff costs. So thank you all very much.

Since Monday i have only been out of bed to go to doctor's appointments and the kids end of school events. I am on lots of pain meds such as Oxycodone, Vicadin, etc. along with sleep aids and all of them make me sick. Not to mention Herceptin makes me nauseous so the combo is not good. Not sure if it is the meds or the pain, but i cant eat. Everything makes me feel sick and my intestines are not happy either. I have lost 6 pounds in 4 days. I would never normally complain about that, but i have no energy and I am getting leg craps because I'm not getting any nutrition. I drink veggie broth and eat as many veggies as i can tolerate. Inevitably everything makes me feel sick.

Tuesday we decided to call Pop Pop (Grandpa Vickers) and he was up here in 4 hours. He is not the fastest man in the world, but this really touched us with his speediness. He has gone above and beyond the call of Pop Pop duty. He said not to tell anyone, but he has helped with laundry, washed all my dishes, bathed Gavin, changed diapers, and puts Gavin to bed like a pro. Not to mention he has taken Riley out to many times to count. He maybe exhausted by the time he gets home, but he is not showing any sings yet. We are so grateful to have him and Gavin and Sammy are thrilled. He is very generous with the cupcakes and his time. The first day he was here, he drove Gavin to school, went to a school lunch, brought Gavin home, put him to bed (not a small task BTW), walked the dog, brought Sammy to swim practice, folded laundry, did dishes, and spoke with endless people who came over to see how i was. All this while i was in bed or at the doctors. Love the Pop Pop.

I start the new trial in the next 10 days and i may loose my hair AGAIN. I just got it long enough to put in a ponytail. I am so pissed, but Travis told me to get a good wig this time that wont itch so i am going for the Lola (the long blond look)...I keep looking thru magazine to see who i want to look like

I have to say i have the best friends ever. On Tuesday i just made a few calls and i had three different people here to take care of Gavin, a dog walker, dinner for just me and different food for the family, a friend bring homemade bread (organic of course) and several friends who were willing to drop anything to help me. Pop Pop is blown away from all the support and love we receive from all of you. We are too. Thank you.

Well my family is playing guitar hero, so i think i am going to enjoy them for a while.
Love to all,
Laura

2 comments:

KristineRN said...

Guitar Hero.......Tell Travis he has about 7 weeks to practice till Ft. Myers!! Maybe he will be ready to duel Reid by then. LOL :)

Sorry to hear about your nausea, that stinks.
Any reuslts from the tests on your back yet??

Congrats to Sammy on her recent awards!! She is such a special girl, good job Mom.

Love ya, kk

Lowa said...

You don't know how badly I wished I lived closer.

But you know that... Winter, spring, summer or fall, all you have to do is call. And I'll be there, yes I will. You just call out my name, and you know wherever I am, I'll come running. Yes I will.

Enough of my seranade. What awards did Sammy get? Cutest kid? Best Cleopatra report? Best moose impression?