Friday, May 8, 2009

Pneumonia

Well, Wednesday might be one of the worst days i have had yet. I woke up from my nap and had a high temperature, was hallucinating, had sever back pains, dizzy and my body hurt. I would have thought i had the flu, but didn't know anyone that was sick although i was at the ER Sunday night. I had the sitter come watch the kids and my neighbor took me to the doctor. They ran every test know to man kind, but the only thing they could find was a gurgle in my chest so they did a chest x-ray, but found out yesterday that my lungs are clear. So unless the blood cultures come back today showing something, we haven't a clue as to why i am sick. It is so frustrating.

We are madly looking for a trial using all our resources and it is not moving as quickly as we would like. There is one trial here that i am eligible, but we find it highly unlikely that there is only one trial available for me in the entire US. So we are doing our homework to see what else is out there. I am in the process of contacting every cancer center I can find to see if they have trials i can be on. It is so crazy there isn't a better way.

As for the dog, i know everyone thinks we are crazy, but our family really needs a little joy in our lives. I am so tired of putting off life until i feel better. This may be as good as it gets for me and i need to be able to leave a little sunshine behind, just in case. So if you were in my shoes you might not think it was so crazy.

Forgot to mention, by MRI at CT scan need a few follow up visits, but nothing new yet.

Thanks for all your prayers
Love Laura

4 comments:

Julie(t) (Coberly) Farmer said...

i totally get the dog! we adopted our two cats while i was going through chemo, and one of them was a holy terror and wild. but they brought joy into our otherwise cancer-filled life. so i say, get a dog STAT! :)

KristineRN said...

Great new picture of you guys on the home page!! A family dog will definitely bring you all joy, have fun!! Any names picked out yet???

Robert said...

A little crazy (or, a little more crazy) is a good thing!

Robert

Robert said...

A little crazy (or, a little more crazy) is a good thing!

Robert