Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Tomorrow is the big day

Well tomorrow i start my chemo and i am a little nervous. Although i wont lose my hair, the side effects are all flashing before my eyes and i really don't want to feel so sick again. I don't want to be dependent on everyone, I don't want to give up running, I don't want the kids to feel our stress and i don't want my husband to have to take on the burden of caring for our family by himself. He is my rock, but can only take so much. If he falls apart, we all do. That is a lot of pressure and all i can do is pray for him. I feel helpless that i can't help him and hope i am able to take some of this stress off his plate.

On the positive side we found a center in Chicago that deals with the whole body and not just my cancer, so we are very excited to go visit.

I will post tomorrow and let you know how my first day of meds went.

Thanks for all your support.

11 comments:

Julie(t) (Coberly) Farmer said...

the not knowing is the hardest part, so once you start, you'll know. you know? :) my fingers and toes are crossed that the chemo is effective yet gentle.

KristineRN said...

Good luck today Laura. We will be thinking of you and praying that this new oral chemo will have minimal side effects. Great new picture of you both at the SEC game!! Go Gators....

Lowa said...

hang in there, laura.

Lowa said...

hang in there, laura.

Lowa said...

I meant it so much, I said it twice. :)

Temple said...

I have never met Travis in person (yet) but I think he is amazing. I am so happy you have each other. I was talking to my Mom about you and she asked if you "had a good husband" and I was already near tears but that broke me because I know how well he takes care of you and it is such a blessing waaaaay out here on the west side to know you are in good hands on the east side. I'm thinking of you as you start this round and I hope it's as gentle as possible while tackling the yuckies. I'm really excited about the place in Chicago and glad you'll be visiting! Hugs...

Unknown said...

You (and Travis) will always be on my prayer list.

By the way, nice picture of you all a the SEC championship. If that's recent, you must know that you look better with cancer than I do without it!

Trishie said...

You and your entire family are the strongest ever! Although knowing that doesn't make the path less rough. You guys can only do the best you can do...make sense?

And you do look TERRIFIC in the SEC Champs picture!

Hugs & Kisses from Memphis - Trishie

Tabetha said...

Hi,

Best of luck - I too hope the side effects are minimal and the treatment effective!!!!!! Great picture of you and Travis. I think I remember with the other chemo you had to eat certain foods and no alcohol. Do the same things apply with the oral chemo?

Tab

jo said...

Laura, I think of you all the time and wish so much that you did not have to go through all of this. However, I know Travis and he will hang in there just fine. He will give you the strength to get through. Maybe you can visit Chicago soon and get some more info. Great Pic at Sec...what a really great looking couple. Laura you are just beautiful.
Aunt Jo

W.R. Chandler said...

Laura,
You are in our constant prayers for healing and patience as you go through this process. Although I haven't seen you in years, your BLOG portrays not only your physical strength, but your mental and emotional strength as well. You are one tough cookie. We are sending our wishes for a Happy Holiday season to you and your family. Hang in there!
Cheryl Barto Chandler