Sunday, December 14, 2008

Getting Worse

Everyday the nausea is getting worse and today it kept me in bed almost the entire afternoon. I had to cut my run short yesterday and my pace was very slow. I am really mad that cancer will keep me from having another child, having enough energy for the ones I already have, and it is making my running even more challenging. I am going to try and switch taking the Tykerb to the evening and see if that helps. For know i am going to try and stomach some food and then get back in bed. Not much of a day.

Hugs and kisses to all

5 comments:

KristineRN said...

Hang in there Laura.....this is one of those low spots on the roller coaster but that means that it will be going back up soon. Remember what you said "one day at a time". We are thinking of you everyday and know you will be back to running 20 miles soon.
kk

HAM said...

Oh Laura I can only have a hint of what your are feeling.

I had a hard time with mornig sickness, kind of not really, it would only last a little bit and I could eat saltines and it would go away. That sucked.

I can't imagine feeling the way you do. I really hope it gets better for you today. I am sorry you ended up having a bad side effect.

Hope today gets better for you. I am so sorry your run got cut short as well. I don't know how you even get the energy to run at all, girl you are kick ass!

Take it easy today and yes "one day at a time"

Julie(t) (Coberly) Farmer said...

laura: darn it! i was really hoping the chemo would be kinder. it sucks when even the anti-nausea meds don't work. you're in my thoughts.

Temple said...

That's the poops. Hang in there as best you can and hopefully today is going easier on you.

Amy said...

thinking of you...hope the nausea ebbs a bit soon.