Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Hi

I didn't want anyone to have withdrawals this week, but i am feeling so well i have been "nesting." If you don't know what nesting is, you are probably a man, but that is okay we still love ya!!!! Any who, I am spring cleaning and getting rid of all the CRAP in our house. It is amazing how fast things accumulate when I am the only one who knows where things go. Nothing against Travis or my mom , they are great cleaners, but difficult to put the thumb tack away when you haven't a clue where it came from.

Gavin is getting so big so fast. He is eight months old and 21.5 pounds. Twice the size of my little string bean Sammy at that age. He is doing the Marine belly crawl which gets him in all kinds of trouble, he is eating like it was a bad habit, and he is no longer sleeping in his crib due to his persistence in getting his arms and legs stuck in the bars.

Sammy is getting ready for the Opera at her school, she is an Angel of course, and is taking a fitness class which is giving her a six-pack. Maybe i should join her on those days. She had her first lemonade stand this week and our little entrepreneur neighbor thought $5 was a perfect price. I love this kind of thinking. At this rate they can pay for their own college.

P.S. Sammy said if she is a string bean then Gavin is a lima bean...

Have a great week

6 comments:

Temple said...

Hey - it appears your Gavin and my Korey are living parallel lives! Korey is 8 months old as well (born 8/12/06) and weighs 21 lbs - which is what my 3 year old (Wyatt) weighed at 15 months! Korey is also only in the 5th percentile for height so all that pudge is cram packed in a little sumo like body. Your children are beautiful by the way. I love the pictures! Glad you are having a great week - thumb tacks included!
Hugs,
Temple

jo said...

You are having a normal mother/wife week...isn't that great. Shelby only weighs 21 pounds (she is 22 months) so Gavin will be able to take her down at Thanksgiving (and his "bad habit" eating will fit right in). Of course she makes up for the size with "attitude".
I am so glad you are feeling good. Tell Sam good luck and I know she will be spectacular...and a beautiful angel.

Love you all, Auntie

Robert said...

Well, I have to admit I've been in a little bit of a blog bog (quick write that down... I think I just coined a new term) myself.
Karen and I are so glad to hear that you're kickin' butt! Keep on kickin'!

Now, about that "nesting" stuff... that has me a little worried. First of all, I had no clue what it was. And, second of all... WHY?

Strickly, from a guy's point of view, of course, a thumb tack out of place here and there ain't no big deal! That being said, I have a feeling, between your mom and Tavis, not too many thumb tacks go unstuck... maybe not in just the right place, but...!

Gavin makes my heart sing... 'nuff said! Sam is an angle!

We love you.

Robert

HAM said...

Hi Laura you are probably already sleeping.

Every other Sunday I go to bed with you in my thoughts and prayers. I am so sorry you have to go the dungeon tomorrow.

I will be thinking of you all day and hoping you have better week than last. You are a trooper girl. I am so glad you got to have a good week last week.

Good night and will talk to you later...Good Luck tomorrow!

Oh did you know Sunjai got voted off American Idol? I am kidding but I think that made more news this week than news in IRAQ.

Love YA HAM

HAM said...

Hey Laura--

Been thinking of you and hoping these last couple of days haven't been to bad for you. Hope you are hanging in there.

Ham

Lori said...

Laura, I just heard the news about you and I can't help but shed tears as I think about things that you're having to go through and how proud I am of your strength and courage. My love and prayers are with you and your family as you all fight together. I have to admit that your running was super impressive to me, but your spirit is amazing and full of grace. Jesus loves you. I love you, Lori Watkins Atkins