Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Love and Support

I am still overwhelmed by all the love and support that everyone has shown us, not just this week, but over the last 4 1/2 years.  Thank you to everyone who came out yesterday to Laura's memorial service.  It meant so much to me for all of you to share in our sorrow and remember the beautiful person that she was.  Run in peace Laura!!

The location of the Celebration for Laura in California has been changed.  It will now be held at:

Carmichael Community Clubhouse
5750 Grant Avenue
Carmichael, CA 95608

Saturday, August 13, from 4:30-7:30.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Travis, I was not able to attend the service Monday but just knew there would be an enourmous amount of love sent your way. I have said many prayers for you and your children over the years since I met Laura and Monday, my prayers were very specific. I met Laura, unfortunately through our disease. I say unfortunately, because I think if it was not for all our our medical treatments occupying our time, we could have had more occassions to see each other. Laura's diagnosis and journey has been very similar to mine. She was always so encouraging just to see, but to talk with her or text her was like a lifeline sometimes for me! I am so glad that God nudged me to call her before I went on vacation and was able speak with her. I was able to let her know how she has affected my journey and that I know I'll see her again one day. I know all of those many fears she may have had about leaving this world, as they are they same things that keep me up at night. But I know God was in her heart and He gave her strength beyond understanding. And He will you all too! I pray you and the children will always feel her loving embrace always and know that God will show you many blessings in your path. I pray for God to give you peace.