Sunday, June 12, 2011

Wedding planning

Sammy had a sleep over on Friday when I came home, so statutday Sammy, Rebeka (my Emory nurse)and I got out all the wedding magazines and talked and planed and discussed and really got Sammy talking. We causualy slipped death conversations and they went so much better than just talking with Sammy about death. The other night we broached the subject and she told me twice adamantly that I was not going to die. I had to take her sweet face in my hands and say you could wake up to morrow and I'll be gone. She cried but understands this is serious. Not sure if I mentioned my amazing friend Lori but she lost a little girl who was one of Sammy's friends when they were in pre-school. Antonia died in December just after her 5th birthday. So when I was going thru my list of all the people I get to see again in heaven Antonia of course was on my list. Her mom and I after some really heavy/amazing discussions decided that I will wrap my arms around her precious angel and she will run as fast as she can and put her arms around Sammy and not let go until Sammy says so. I know I'm not dying but it feels so much better that if something does Happen every one is going to be okay. I went to the pool for the first time this summer and got to see the kids swim. G was jumping off the board and Sammy and trav were racing. Man that kid is fast. So happy to be out of the hospital but miss having one of the Vickers here. That was AWESOME as G would say.

No comments: