Thursday, June 23, 2011

Another crazy week.

We had plans to go the beach this week with our friends. As the week progressed, fluid and air were in a race to see who could fill up my belly the fastest. That was fun in the morning to see them compete over space in my abdomen. By Wednesday we knew we had to drain the fluid and got it scheduled first thing Thursday.  We decided we couldn't wait until 9 AM and took an ambulance around 1:30 AM instead. After an xray, ct scan and bloodwork, they drained 3 liters and I felt a littel better.  It worked out well since I also ended up getting everything in order for the drainage thing I'm having put in tomorrow.  Dr Bowen in my new best friend at Emory and is willing to come hold my hand during during my sedated procedure. They will permanently put a drainage system in my abdomen so I don't have to keep having drainage drained.

Next week we are piecemeal-ing the support. So if you are interested check out my blog

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Hi Laura! Great to stumble on your blog! Best of luck with everything! Have you heard of Freedom of Access to Medicines effort against the FDA from disproving the drug Avastin, which is working for 17,500 women with Metastatic Breast Cancer, at their hearing on Tuesday! Please sign and share our urgent petition: http://fameds.org/petition.php