Friday, October 30, 2009

Post Reunion

Last weekend was my 20th class reunion and i had a blast. It was so much fun to see all my old friends and find out what they have been up to for the last 20 years. There were several people i don't remember and most people didn't recognize me since my "hair" isn't blond anymore. I was so touched with all the incredible well wishes including a friend and his wife who run Ironmans in my honor since i cant do them anymore. I was blown away and felt so loved by all my friends. The class even made a donation for the few of us that have breast cancer. Thanks guys.

The kids had a great time with my parents and I was able to show Travis a few more amazing sites in California. We saw my old roommate Gavin and his family in Monterrey and the Monterrey Bay Aquarium then went to Pebble Beach and Carmel. I forgot how amazing the beach is in Carmel. Travis couldn't believe the size of the waves and the kids were shocked at how cold the water was, but it was a perfect day and made me really miss the west coast. Thanks for the hospitality Pierce family, we had a great time.

This trip really made me realize that i cant have drama in my life anymore. I'm to sick and to tired to worry about everyone else. Therefore, if you get your feelings hurt because of something i did or did not do, it is not on purpose i just don't have the energy to do everything I would like to do. My mind thinks I'm still my old self, but my body just wont let me do what everyone else wants me to do. That being said, i am planing a cruise for my 40th birthday next October. I'm inviting anyone who wants to come. A friend is going to plan the trip and i will let you know more details when i get them. We will be headed somewhere in the Caribbean and not sure if it will be just girls, couples, or families. I guess it depends on the cost.

BTW...Besides the lingering cough, I'm finally getting over the flu and feeling much better. I'm trying to get back into my routine but I'm having a rough time. I'll be glad to get my IV's next week, boost my immune system and get some energy back.

Happy Halloween from "Darf Mador & Major Flirt with gun shots (?)"

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Laura you're in my thoughts. Please don't worry about how others feel or may think about you. You're a wonderful person and in your circumstances you can't be worry to please others. I only know you through the cancer walks. The GREAT SPIRIT will take care of you in every single way.

Carol Siefkin said...

Hi Laura, It was good to hear some fun news. I am glad you had a terrific visit in CA and got to see your parents, friends and sightsee. I agree with your statement about taking care of YOU and not worrying about others. That is not unkind nor selfish but real. Glad your reunion was all that it could be. Take care and know that there are many of us thinking about you everyday. Love, Carol Siefkin

Robert said...

Glad you guys had a good trip and you were able to see some of your old friends. Amazing what 20 years can do, huh?

I loved the picture of Gavin sleeping on the plane.

Robert

Temple said...

Hi sweets. It was soooo good to see you. Went by way too fast. I adored Travis and was so happy to meet him. Really bummed I missed out on meeting the kiddos. Another time. I will watch for updates about the cruise...just in case, sounds like a fun plan for sure! It takes courage to let go of the stuff that tugs at you - the drama - and embrace yourself as much as possible. BIG HUGS ALWAYS. Love you.