Thursday, February 19, 2009

PET Scan Results

We saw the Dr here in Atlanta and got some good news, yeah! My tumor is half the size and only 1 of the four lymph node sites is active. Not exactly sure what that means except 3 or the 4 sites are inactive. There is no sign of new cancer or any new activity. No cancer in the brain, bones, or any other organ. We are very happy, but i still don't feel any better so they are looking into a shot that boosts my red blood cells. I would love to start feeling more like myself.

I am headed to Chicago on Saturday and am looking forward to see what they have to say. Hopefully i can reduce my meds and that will also decrease my side effects. I have to see a podiatrist on Wednesday due to an infection i have in my toes. I wont go into detail cause it is so gross, but i am having trouble just walking. This is due to my immune system being shot and a previous chemo that messed up my nail bed. Not looking forward to the pain that will occur, so i will need lots of prayers and meds that day.

I am looking forward to seeing a lot of you in April and am overwhelmed by every ones generosity. The Crofts have organized this entire thing and i am just amazed. I have said it before, but i cant stop saying thank you. You guys are just amazing.

My friends from Cali sent me an incredible gift and i was able to get an iphone to organize all my Dr. appointments, keep med records on it, and feel more in control of my life. Funny how something so simple can make me happy and organized. Thanks to everyone who donated to my iphone happiness. Love all you guys.

Also i want to thank all the Fcup boys for being such great friends to Travis. He was really struggling over what to do about the golf tournament and you guys made the decision for him. Thank you all from the bottom of my heart. He gets over looked in the support department since i suck it all up and he greatly needs a boys trip. Love you guys too.

Thanks to my book club for the house cleaner. She came today and changed the sheets. That is a task that really takes all my energy and a privilege i have so greatly missed. Love my girls

I am hoping to have a great time in Chicago and get some much needed R and R.

Love to you all,
Laura

8 comments:

HAM said...

Laura that is such great news!!!

I am so happy for you. I am also glad you got an I-phone and hope you enjoy it.

I hope you get to enjoy Chicago this time. I am not sure what the weather will be like there, probably not much different then the last time you were there, but I hope it is a little bit better anyway.

Thanks for the update~

Love Ya Ham

Tabetha said...

Glad to hear the news!! I hope they can reduce the meds enough that you start feeling much better. That was a great post - usually I am crying by the end but this time I was crying but out of happiness.

Take care and good luck in Chicago!!

Tab

Julie(t) (Coberly) Farmer said...

good news! and the procrit should totally help you have more energy. i'm guessing the taxotere (?) is what messed up your nail beds?? ugh! as if the other side effects aren't bad enough. i've got my fingers/toes crossed that the good news continues.

Trishie said...

YEAH IS RIGHT! So glad to hear that things are going well. Good luck in Chicago.

I've also been forwarding the race info to all my Atlanta peeps and have gotten some good feedback so hopefully they'll pass it on etc.

Hugs & Kisses from Memphis - Trishie

KristineRN said...

YAAAHHHOOOO!!!! Thanks for the great news.

Mandi said...

YAYYYYYY for the GREAT news! It is well deserved!!!! I am getting so excited about this race and it's a wonderful opportuniy to get me motivated! We will continue to pray for you, Travis & the sweet kiddos! Have fun in Chicago! Love you all! :)

Temple said...

Yeah! Wooohooo! :) We're all in Tahoe thinking about you & wishing you were here.

Robert said...

I am so happy, I'm speechless!! It's hard to find the words to describe the feeling I had when Travis called to tell me... just happy, happy, happy!

Look forward to hearing from you when you get back from Chicago.

Love you,

Robert