Monday, October 8, 2007

surprise!

This is Laura #2 (aka Laura [Stilwell] Studebaker) guestblogging for Laura #1. So the thing I sent her to cheer her up was me! Travis and I coordinated a surprise visit and everyone was able to actually keep it a secret (Bravo, Cathie & Sammy!). Saturday morning Travis and Sam said they were going out to get Laura a surprise and she assumed it was breakfast, but they were really picking me up at the Marta station. When I walked in the house she had this look on her face like "Who the heck did they bring over, I'm not even dressed and the house is a mess!" Then when she figured out it was me, she just looked so confused. But we've been having a ball and I've been able to get her out of the house for kid-free girl time. We've been shopping (several times) and out for margaritas, and a lot of just hanging out, with lots of gabbing and giggling in between. For those who time and distance prevents them from seeing Laura in person, I can happily report that, while she gets tired easily, she looks great, her hair's growing back in (and she has this cute little J-Lo hat that she wears, too) and she's in good spirits. I wish I could stay with her longer, but I have to go back to San Diego today. :( (Besides just seeing and being with Laura, It's been really nice for me to be here because her kids are a LOT quieter than mine and the reprieve has been rejuvenating!)

1 comment:

Temple said...

That is so cool - I love a great surprise and in this case for Laura I'm thrilled since she was just blogging about staying cheered up and all. So all of us on the west coast are hoping you will still come out and suprise us around New Years - is that still the plan? I hope so because I can't wait to see you - it's been a long time! Cheers, Temple